These will be shown at the art show I will be doing with my brother in-law at our Final Friday Oct. 26 here in Wichita, Kansas. They are all 16x20x1.5" acrylic and paper collage on stretched canvas. Sides are painted dark brown and the paintings are finished with varnish.
I challenged myself to do this series and I am so happy I stayed with it. I learned some things about myself while doing this mega-project and what I learned is this:
1. That I don't like doing a series consecutively. It becomes tedious. Does this mean I have ADD?
2. Getting depth with shading on faces is a lot easier to do with only white and Payne's Gray vs flesh tones.
3. I can get a little strange when expressing myself artistically...who knew?
4. It is almost as fun coming up with the names for the paintings as much as painting them.
5. I really have no clue what to charge for my art.
So without further ado, here they are in the order of their creation.